Educators around the world realize that 21st Century learning consists of more than just textbooks and chalkboards. With young people immersed in multimedia throughout their lives, keeping students engaged in the classroom is a must. Studies have shown that interactive audiovisual solutions make this possible by increasing student participation and improving test scores.
Presentation Products has been a trusted partner of K-12 schools for over 20 years. Browse this page to learn more about some of our most popular integrated systems.
We look forward to helping your students reach their full potential.
The most important aspect of sound reproduction and intelligibility is also the most overlooked and neglected aspect of a properly designed audio system. Poor room acoustics have a major effect on the transmission of sound from the source to the listener. Controlling background noise, distance from the source to the listener, early and late reverberation are all equally as important as the audio system itself.
Some of our acoustical treatments include:
- Sound Absorbers: Eliminate sound reflections and improve speech and music intelligibility
- Sound Diffusers: Reduce the intensity of sound by scattering it
- Noise Barriers: Block the transmission of sound through walls, floors, and ceilings
- Vibration Control: Absorb vibration energy and prevent structural noise
In the K-12 learning environment, technology needs to be ready to use in a matter of seconds. Classroom control systems replace the need to use multiple remote controls for the projector or TV, DVD/VCR player, cable TV box, and amplifier. More often than not, these remotes are lost, and even if you do have them they’re difficult to use.
Our solution is to replace these remotes with a simple wall mounted keypad that turns the system on/off, selects source, raises/lowers volume, and controls the DVD/VCR player. This provides a single reliable interface for the entire system – anybody can use it without training or searching for remotes.
Get News to Faculty and Students Quickly and Easily
Sharing information has never been more critical. Of course, most educational communities have many events that could use more exposure. But school communications are no longer just about quality of life, they can also help save lives.
Digital Signage Systems make it quick and easy to push urgent updates, even to mobile devices and remote locations. Students, staff and visitors are generally savvy when it comes to technology, and they’re more responsive when notified visually.
Automatically display greetings, instructions and updated scheduling throughout the day. And if your creative resources are limited, we offer creative backgrounds and templates that produce effective, eye-catching displays.
The possibilities for campuses and remote learning locations are endless:
- Deliver important announcements as they happen
- Post current event schedules and special events
- Deliver instant emergency announcements
- Announce changes to classroom schedules
- Personalize visitor greetings, welcome notices and guest announcements
- Advertise PTA offerings
- Share live weather, traffic, stock and sports information
Would you like to capture a presentation from your computer or record video of your lecture? Why choose?
Our podcasting systems are capable of capturing audio only, full screen computer graphics, while simultaneously capturing full motion video from the camera of your choice. You decide whether to overlay the feeds into a picture-in-picture layout, or display them side-by-side. Recorded content can be delivered via Moodle, Blackboard or any other web based content management system as well as with all podcast feed readers, including iTunes and Google Reader.
Our interactive SMART products help teachers engage students in extraordinary ways with lasting results.
Independent research conducted around the world over the past decade shows that using interactive whiteboards improves student engagement, achievement, motivation and attendance, as well as teacher productivity.
- Increasing student motivation and engagement – Products like the SMART Board interactive whiteboard bring media-rich lessons to the classroom, enabling teachers to reach students in more visual, real-world ways
- Enhancing assessment – Our interactive response system, SMART Response, is a key tool for tracking student progress and understanding. Its gradebook software makes it easy to conduct meaningful assessments and evaluate data, giving teachers the information they need to help all students succeed.
- Improving learning outcomes – Research consistently shows that interactive whiteboards raise student achievement levels in a wide range of subject areas
- Preparing students for careers in a knowledge-based marketplace – SMART solutions are excellent vehicles for developing critical thinking, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Keeping students in school – Many administrators make a direct connection between increased attendance levels and the use of SMART products in the classroom
Ease of use and finger-touch functionality are two unique features of the SMART Board interactive whiteboard that make it educators’ most popular choice. Teachers tell us ease of use matters to them. Whether they’re tech-savvy or not, it means they can immediately incorporate SMART products into their teaching and start experiencing the benefits of improved student learning and engagement more quickly. It’s also easy for technology-proficient teachers to take teaching and learning to exciting new levels.